Wednesday, August 25, 2010

20 minute challenge

I did this in 20 mins.....the bottles on the kitchen window sill....put there to get the sun. Ginger that I got in Mizoram, green pepper corns from Roy's coffee estate in the South and whole green mangoes from Goa. All have been pickled in brine! I loved the colours the brine in the bottles made with the bright sun from the outside hitting them! the green are just a hint of the trees I can see from the widow! Painting the picture in 20 mins. ensured that I stayed focused and only put down what was essential for the painting! Its a great way to learn!

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you painted this in just 20 minutes. Wow, you are fast! It has such a wonderful feeling to it. I like your style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nancy, for looking and commenting. The trick is to spend a little time looking at the images, identifying colours and values before you actually start work. Then work quickly without too much thought...its a fantastic way to learn and I really bless the 20 min challenge!

    ReplyDelete