Thursday, March 11, 2010


This is my first posting to a blog called the 20 minute challenge, where a picture needs to be painted in 20 mins. The red aednium flowered for the first time this week and it is such a lovely colour. I realised that 20mins is actually adequate time to create a picture. I have a tendency to want to paint every single detail in any picture I want to create and have been trying to develop the ability to look at only what is most needed in a picture and not get confused by too much detail in any scene. Attempting this challenge helped me do this! Will try and do one everyday!!!

1 comment:

  1. This one has come particularly well - I can´t believe you did it in just 20 minutes! The balance between light and dark on each petal makes the depth of the flower really clear - maybe it´s not a question of getting to much detail but a question of getting the right bits of detail...

    ReplyDelete